Church Reopening Starting May 16
Saturday, May 16, 2020, 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM
MAY 15 NOTICE:
Now that you are aware we will be reopening the church tomorrow for services, we wanted to communicate with you additional details so you know what to expect when you arrives. Below are a few specifics and reminders that may be updated from week to week:
- Before you enter the building, please have your face mask/covering on.
- Adult Sabbath School begins at 9:30 a.m. in sanctuary, please arrive early, if possible. No children’s program is planned for this week.
- Please proceed directly into the sanctuary. No congregating in the lobby at anytime.
- Every other row has been blocked off to provide physical distancing. Please find an open row. If the open rows fill up, you may sit in the same row as an individual or other family, as long as you are able to stay 7 feet or more away from them. (We can assist you, so don’t be concerned.)
- As highly recommended, there will be no congregational singing; but we will have music for you to enjoy.
- To provide a “no touch” offering, there will be a basket on the table in the lobby where you may drop your tithe and offerings as you leave the sanctuary at the end of the service.
- At the end of the service, Pastor Roger will instruct the congregation to remain seated, because you will be dismissed by rows.
- When your row is dismissed, please proceed directly through the lobby area and outside. Once again we cannot have any congregating inside because of space. However, once you get outside, you are welcome to chat with each other at a safe distance of 6 feet and in groups no more than 10.
- FYI – The drinking fountain will not be available, so you may want to bring your own water. And the downstairs will be off limits at this time.
We look forward to seeing your twinkling eyes tomorrow! If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know.
MAY 14 NOTICE: On Wednesday Governor Larry Hogan announced that churches can conduct services inside starting this weekend, with some restrictions.
We are doing everything to make sure you are comfortable and safe by providing hand sanitizer, creating spacious seating, and asking everyone who attends to wear a face mask or face covering, which is required to enter the building.
In an effort to keep you and others safe and healthy, we highly recommend the following stay home, according to the CDC, and continue watching livestream for now: If you feel sick, been around someone who has been sick or tested positive for COVID, and all vulnerable (i.e. Elderly individuals. Individuals with serious underlying health conditions, including high blood pressure, chronic lung disease, diabetes, obesity, asthma, and those whose immune system is compromised such as by chemotherapy for cancer and other conditions requiring such therapy).
No children’s program this week
9:30 a.m. - Adult Sabbath School in sanctuary, followed by church service.